Sunday, July 8, 2007

Last night my head finally exploded…and then I scraped up the pieces and went out again this afternoon…

This has been a long weekend. I spent many hours in the sun, and had one to many drinks.

On Friday, I headed to Seaport to check out Fujiya & Miyagi and Black Moth Super Rainbow. I arrived at a time that I thought would have been early enough to get a good spot and take some pictures or even see the bands, but it was packed early, and not a lot of people. It was just that the people crowded the stage leaving no room for anyone to get any closer. So I resigned to sitting in the back and drinking my warm beer and enjoyed the songs. In actuality, I quite enjoy Fujiya & Miyagi and BMSR’s music…I just hoped to have a chance to see them perform.

After that it was a quick ride to Union Hall to try and catch the rest of the Neon Lights showcase which included…El Jezel, Mancino, Thrushes, and De Novo Dahl. I didn’t make it tin time to see Jezel or Mancino, sadly, but I did arrive to see the Thrushes and De Novo Dahl play solid sets, and made small talk with some friends I haven’t seen in a while…I stumbled home and passed out in my sweatbox of an apartment trying to recover for Saturday’s adventures.

Saturday saw me and my roommate standing outside Brooklyn Bridge Park for 2 hours to see The Boredoms perform…It was hot…but it was worth it. After walking around the spiral and seeing the 77 drums laid out and listening to almost 2 hours of drumming and feedback I went home with migraine and have yet to recover…

Pop Tarts Suck Toasted has a couple of videos

Today I trudge up the street to McCarren Pool to see Dan Deacon…and um it was hot(on so many levels)…

I love seeing Mr. Deacon Live. He embodies the idea of crowd participation…and its more like the crowd becomes mindless and does whatever he says…yes I am including myself in that statement. And the best part is he does all his work in the crowd, so there none of that “on a stage, on a pedestal” stuff that you might hear around town…After the set, I realised I was sun burnt and decided for the welfare of my skin to head home and call it a weekend…

This week is packed chock full of fun things and I’ll be sure to tell you about them in some detail when I get back from said events….

Cheers,

Sean

1 comments:

d said...

hey pbr double fister, glad you got home in one piece on friday night!