Friday, April 27, 2007

Man in Gray @ Mercury Lounge 23/04/2007

Man in Gray 01

Ever since I discovered Man in Gray a few months ago I’ve wanted to see them live to experience the energy that I got from what music I could find online. This past Tuesday I got that chance. It was a great line up with Takka Takka and Pela playing later that night, but I was there to check out one band. The only real downside was their early start time (7:30pm) since most people were just getting out of work and crowding into packed rail cars or stuck in a taxi somewhere around midtown.

So Man in Gray took the stage to a less then empty venue on a Tuesday night while the sun was still out. But did that stop them from creating sweet and sweaty air of sound from the stage.

Loud and dissonant with subtle melodic guitar lines and a strong and steady rhythm section and a singer who, even with a migraine, managed to scream and flail and sing till she looked ready to fall over. In the end it was a great show, with every band sounding amazing, but it was Man in Gray that stole my heart and I look forward to seeing them soon

You can check out Man in Gray next Thursday (May 3rd) at Luna Lounge w/ Up the Empire…and then I suggest heading over to The Delancey On the 22nd for a first listen to MiG’s upcoming full length release.

Man in Gray - Sleeping (from Tour EP)

Man in Gray - Incommunicado (from No Day/No Night EP)


Purchase Man in Gray’s No Day/No Night EP here


1 comments:

Jeremy said...

Thanks a lot, Sean! I'm glad you liked the show.