Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Band Du Jour - Apes and Androids




(photo credit Sean Donnola)


I rarely come across a band on myspace that I've never heard of, and that I like. There are a few, but they're more like passing fancies, but I stumbled across this amazing operatic like space rock streaming from my old roommates profile. I was hooked. It was like every piece of progressive 70's and 80's rock that I love, mixed with that good old indie DIY aesthics.

Apes and Androids aren't playing any shows at the moment, but I wish I could of seen them when I had the chance. If I had only known about them earlier. The band is currently recording, and I can''t wait to hear it.


Go to their myspace, and stream the four demos they have posted. Hot Kathy is the one the got me hooked, but they're all awesome and each one makes me love this band all the more.


0 comments: