Thursday, August 23, 2007

Ted Leo & The Pharmacists/ The Thermals - McCarren Pool 12 August 2007



P1010026

It was the Pool Party that everyone was talking about...New Jersey's own Ted Leo & The Pharmacists with Portland's The Thermals.

The people of JellyNYC seemed to have developed a method for keeping the lines outside moving at a pretty consistent pace, and hopefully everyone there got into the show.





The Thermals kicked off my day with a quality set. They were crisp and tight. I couldn't ask for a better sounding set from them, and their cover of Built toSpill's Big Dipper was really just the cherry on top.

Now it was just a matter of time before the masses lurched forward to the front of the stage to catch a glimpse of the days headliners...

For anyone who knows me, knows that I have a "history" with the indie pop icon. No, there is no bad blood. Quite the opposite, I love the music, but hearing the name mentioned and listening to his voice reminds me of one of the most annoying moments in my life...but I digress.

P1010047


The pool, filled to capacity, echoed back every line to every song. Mr. Leo and crew never missed a beat, only taking the occasional break to thank their fans and everyone involved in putting the show together.



P1010034

The show ended on a slight down when it was announced that longtime friend and bassist, Dave Lerner, was leaving the Pharmacist....

0 comments: