Monday, June 18, 2007


Great Northern @ Bowery Ballroom 14 June 2007

LA’s Great Northern came to New York City late last week and I had the opportunity to see them at their Bowery Ballroom show Thursday. As I walked to the venue I began to worry about the show. Great Northern’s debut on Eenie Meanie Records, “Trading Twilight for Daylight” is such a well produced album I felt that the guys and girls in GN would fall short trying to re-create the lush undertones of the record. To my relief and delight all my fears were vanquished 20 seconds in to the set. Great Northern played a loud, yet crisp set. Every vocal was right on, every instrument…crystal clear. If you’re going to play in New York…you might as well play at one of the best sounding venues. Great Northern will hopefully be returning to the area soon, and I advise all of you to make the trek out to see them.

0 comments: