Thursday, May 8, 2008

Anti-Pop Consortium Reunited (and touring)

I've been taking trips back home every two weeks recently and not bringing my laptop. Sure I can still get email and use instant messenger on my phone but my parent's computer is a shit fest and my old roommates house does even have internet so it just not worth lugging this behemoth around on buses and trains for 2 days. The reason I'm stating this is my lack of posts lately... but here is a little something that I've been thinking about all weekend and its made me very happy/excited.


New York's experimental electro hip hop crew, Anti-pop Consortium has reunited and will be on tour this summer with Public Enemy and Kool Keith. Okay Player and Hip Hop DX announced the news respectively. The band played a small show at Other Music last month that I heard went incredibly well especially since the guys haven't really been together for almost six years while Beans High Priest and M. Sayyid have all released solo albums since the break in 2002. The APC are also in the process of recording their next record, as if nothing ever happened. The aptly titled Flourescent Black, doesn't have a release date yet, but it looks like it'll be finished in 2009 sometime. They're in the UK now but will be performing this summer round these parts.


May 9 2008 9:00P
Nuits Sonores Festival-Ancienne Usine Sli Lyon
May 10 2008 9:00P
Festival Zull- L’Ellipse Moelan Sur Mer
May 23 2008 6:30A
Brixton Academy - All Tomorrows Parties Lambeth, London and South East
May 24 2008 9:00A
The Croft Bristol, London and South East
May 25 2008 9:00A
Brudenell Leeds, London and South East
May 26 2008 6:30A
Manchester Academy- All Tomorrows Parties Lancashire, Northeast
May 27 2008 6:30A
Glasgow ABC 1- All Tomorrows Parties Glasgow, Scotland


Now that you're throughly interested...go to their myspace and listen to the track Volcano from Flourescent Black that's streaming there.



0 comments: