Wednesday, May 14, 2008

New Chairlift/Mixel Pixel


I know I've mention both Mixel Pixel and Chairlift before, but once is never enough especially when your talking about two of the most well established up and coming bands in New York City. But both these bands have new music coming out. I've been trying to keep tabs on Chairlift ever since I heard that their LP would be coming out sometime this year. And well I owe a debt of gratitude to You Ain't Know Picasso for being the first to mention the new Mixel Pixel song on their myspace. Both MP's I See You In The Mirror and Chairlift's Evident Utensil showcase the bands maturity without letting go of the styles and sounds that caused me to fall in love with them. And if that wasn't enough the two bands will be playing together (as they often do) June 5th @ Mercury Lounge. Keep checking their myspaces and here for more details as they are announced.

0 comments: