Friday, May 23, 2008

Weezer singles, Single, SINGLES

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.spinner.com/media/2008/04/weezer-300.jpg


Our favorite post-adolescent guitar gods, Weezer are back with a third single for their upcoming (Red) Album. The first one we heard was the nostalgic Pork and Beans (see the new video below). Followed by the hodge podge collective of what could have been 8 songs, The Greatest Man That Ever Lived (listen here). And now they've released Troublemaker. If I had to rate this song with the other 2, I'd probably put it in the middle. The Greatest Man is to much to take in for it to make any sense with only a chorus to give the song some cohesiveness. And Pork and Beans, being my favorite so far...does a great job making me miss the Weezer from my middle school days. Trouble Maker however is short and sweet. Not much to think about on this one. Its good, not what I would call Pinkerton good but definitely Green-era good (if not better). I don't know what the album itself will sound like (out June 24th) its definitely doesn't sound like the follow up to 2005 Make Believe. Apparently 80% of the album has already leaked, but I never trust pre-release leaked albums...there's always the off chance that you're not getting the finished songs etc. I'm at the same moment excited and petrified about the album. I can't take much more heartbreak this year. An above average Weezer album could make or break me.




Download Troublemaker on iTunes

0 comments: