Friday, July 25, 2008

The Dodos / Annuals @ Sire Ffest



The first act I wanted to catch on the days bill was San Francisco's The Dodos. I saw them about a year ago and they really blew me away. And I wasn't the only one who wanted to see them. The crowd was as large as it had been all day with the exception of those who hadn't left the second stage to see Film School yet. I love The Dodos and their unique blend of high energy percusive indie folk pop, but it wasn't as crisp sounding as the time I saw them before. They still managed to pull off the set through shear energy alone if not loads of talent. And still were one of the better acts of the day for me.

As the set came to an end I decide to check out a little bit of Annuals before settling back over at the main stage for Times New Vikings.




As far as I could tell from the crowd and reaction they were rocking. I only caught 2 songs but it was enough to satisfy my curiousity.



0 comments: