Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Thermals Demos...and I want to visit Portland,




I'm not sure if anyone is aware of this, but The Thermals are one of the best bands of the decade. I constantly go back to Fucking A, when ever I need to find hope or just want to hear some good music. Their other albums hold just as much weight in my heart, but effing A is that album for me.

The duo of Kathy and Hutch that is The Thermals recently put up some demos on their myspace,
and boy am I happy to hear them. They're only 8 track demos, but still show great potential for their upcoming record. "I Let It Go" is classic Thermals in my mind, while "You Dissolve" is a song with the potential to evolve into a new form of that no-fi pop that they do so well.

And not only is there new music to be heard, but MTV overdrive has some videos on the Portland music scene featuring songs be the band of this post.



The Thermals - Here’s Your Future (mp3)

0 comments: