Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My first McCarren Pool Party this summer with The Breeders and Matt & Kim

First up on the bill were Manchester's The Whip. I just walked through the gates on the hot but lovely day and caught the last few songs of what seemed like a well received set. I have to say...even though I don't find myself listening to a lot of that disco house sound that seems to be creeping up from Europe, it was the perfect thing to get the crowd pumped for the next 3 hours of music dancing and heat.




Next up was my personal favorite, one of Brooklyn's finest live shows over the past few years...Matt and Kim! If The Whip didn't already have the crowd going, then Matt and Kim sure did. There was crowd surfing, a big mass of kids dancing and screaming to the songs...and when you'd think nothing else could make the set any better...Matt invited Rude Mechanical Orchestra onstage to finish out their set.

It was a fine piece of showmanship, and the highlight of my afternoon....Kim even got in on some choreographed dance steps.





Matt and Kim - YEA YEAH (mp3)

The Breeders, were the days headliner. There's so much I could say about the new album, or Kim and Kelley Deal, but the day was not theirs. It was sounding a little rough for the sisters from Ohio.




The Breeders - Bang On (mp3)

More pictures here.






0 comments: