Wednesday, July 23, 2008

These Are Powers / Parts & Labor @ Siren Fest 2008

I'm finally feeling up to the challenge of posting about Siren Fest 2008.

I didn't really plan out my day, and decided to try and catch at least a little bit of all the bands, or as many as I could up until the time when the bands I wanted to see came on and I just planted myself somewhere in the crowd for 45 minutes at a time.

I arrived and walked up to the main stage where Dragons of Zynth were finishing up their set. I've seen this band on a few occasions, but for some reason their live show doesn't hit me like the recorded songs...I would of liked to given them another shot but I was late arriving this warm afternoon and had to try and catch as many band (2) in the next 1 1/2 hours as I could.




First up was Brooklyn via Chicago band These Are Powers. Yes they rock with enough energy to make the crowd forget it was pushing 93 degrees already and dance. My first experience of this band was very favorable but short as I made my way a few blocks away to see....


...Parts and Labor.


I had been hoping to catch them since I heard they added another member to the lineup. This was another one of those 1/4 of the set for me things. I didn't notice any difference to the sound with the addition of a guitarist who shreds. Okay so I was a tiny bit impressed by them, but I can't give a huge rambling speech about technique or songwriting vs performance because it was early in the day and I was still trying to meet up with everyone who I'd promised to catch up with, and some who I didn't promise as well.


I'm off for the time being but I'll be back soon to get the rest of them posts up asap. For now check out some of the pictures I took here. Sadly my camera's battery died around 5pm and my backup didn't charge the night before due to a little mis-hap with some curious kittens and a surge protector.

0 comments: