Saturday, July 26, 2008

Times New Viking / Jaguar Love @ Siren Fest




Next up on my list was Times New Viking. I hadn't seen them before but have been listening to their latest release, Rip It Off, since its release earlier this year. The energy between singer Jared and drummer Adam is inspiring. While the light raspy voice of keyboardist Beth Murphy sets a nice little juxtapose between the band. Probably the best set from a new band that day. But I had high expectations for the next band playing too.


Jaguar Love is the product of Pretty Girls Make Graves Guitarist, and The Blood Brothers Guitarist and Vocalist. Jaguar Love sounds nothing like either of the former bands. More rock n roll then anything and Whitney's screaming delivery of bands past was replaced by a high pitched rockers cry. I desperately wanted to get into their set but I was putting to much pressure on the band in my head. I need to give the songs themselves a more devoted listen before I cast my final judgement on this indie rock super group.


I also want to apologize because my camera died around the end of Times New Viking's set. Its gonna be all imagination from here own out I guess.

0 comments: